*

*
"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."

Saturday, August 17, 2013

2013 June 17th email

Happy Father's Day Dad!  Dang, I completely forgot about it.  It's not celebrated here at all.

Anyway, I'm District Leader.  I plan district meetings, do exchanges, and receive the numbers of the rest of the missionaries in my district.   My district is huge, so I get to do exchanges once a week.

Wow, it's summer vacation.  What the heck?!?!

Andrea, enjoy girls camp!  Mos u anko gjatë javës. (Do not complain during the week)

Jake, keep chillin.

Dad, sounds like you got good gifts.  Nice!  You're right, the rules are sexist. 

Aunt Lee Ann has chickens!  Nice!

I'll try to be a good District Leader.  You know already how humble I am.

Dang, Superman movie.  Another movie to wait for.

1) Nope
2) Nope

3) Nope. Actually I have no idea, I never saw any movie posters, I think Albania's far behind.  It wouldn't surprise me if all the Albanians saw it anyway online though.

This week was an intense week.  Elder Kaeron came to Albania for Mission and District Conference.  His conversion story is pretty amazing.  He hasn't been a member for as long as I thought.  He got baptized at age 26, and still has a 10-year-old daughter right now, so It can't have been too long ago, and now he's a seventy.  
 
He counciled us on the importance of finding, and how to always look for opportunities to serve others.
 
Also, there was a meeting he held for recent converts and investigators, and Elder Matson and I went with an investigator, and she really enjoyed it.  
 
Then, Mission conference happened.  It was really good.  Someone Elder Foster and I worked hard with ended up getting the Melchizedek Priesthood.  President showed us pictures of everyone who was gonna be sustained for the Melchizedek Priesthood, and half the mission marveled that he was gonna get it.  So, it was a good feeling how I helped turn him around a bit.  3 months ago he was a complete knuckle-head.  He still is a knuckle-head, just a smaller one now.
 
Elder Kaeron spoke about forgiving others, which always needs to be emphasized here.  It was really good, and really clear to understand.  No loopholes given.
 
Also, President Ford gave a talk in Albanian.  It was really funny.

Anyway, that's all I have this week.  Everyone have a good week, enjoy summer, and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment