*

*
"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

2012 September 12 MTC email

Wattup family?

Ok I gotta be quick, I don't have too much time to write because it took me forever to send pictures today.

First, dad, yes, I figured out the Wolverine yesterday.  I just never got around to looking at your instructions because I never had time, but yeah I figured it out.  One question though:  How much memory does it hold up before I have to start erasing pictures?

Jake, I think I have heard of Sister King,(seminary teacher and she is cool) and I think she's cool, but you can be the judge of that.  I can't believe Deep Run lost to Atlee again (football, ugh), that has to be like the 4th time in a row. 

Andrea, enjoy Jazz Band, it's a lot of fun.  They (Striker Soccer Club-Andrea plays) schedule soccer games on Sunday because they don't follow BYU's honor code, or scheduling matters or whatever, but you'll be fine.  I heard you have new intense dance classes, so good luck with class.

Alright, I'll start with mom's questions:  yes, I got the cake.  (Chocolate cake with caramel frosting, family tradition)  It is SO good, like always.  However, when I got it, the frosting was all on the left side, which is fine, i just scooped it on the cake, so it's good.  Um, I don't know people from most of those places that are reading my blog, but the one from Canton, GA is my roommate from college, Chris Van Aken.  He reports next week and is going to San Antonio, so I am looking forward to that.  I am actually only wearing contacts when I exercise, and a few other times, but not too often.  I don't remember how much of a supply I got before I left, either a year or 2 year supply, but I might need some more for the whole mission.  I haven't really been sleeping well, the mattresses are terrible, so it sometimes takes a while to fall asleep, so that's why I am usually wearing glasses. I can't really think of what else I would need from you guys, but overall I am great.

Ok, dad:  I actually got released as DL a week and a half ago.  When you sent your letter saying you found out about it, I was already released ha-ha.  All good, but I am nothing now, my companion is district leader now.  The language is definitely coming along, we have some pretty intense SYL goals this week, and next Wednesday we kick off consecration week, where we speak only Albanian and give up something that we like for a week.  For my itinerary, I leave October 2, I don't know flight plans, I'll get them next Friday.  But from what my teacher told me who served there, we fly from Salt Lake to either DC (it is tempting to go hang out at the airport...but we won't) or NYC, have like a 10 hour layover, and then to Vienna, Austria, another couple hours of layover, and then to Albania.  I'll find out about calling stuff and let you know next week.

Ok, sorry about the short email but I am out of time.  Tell Eric to write to me.  And if the Nationals win the World Series send me a shirt.

Ju dua!

Elder Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment