*

*
"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."

Saturday, September 8, 2012

2012 Sept 5 email from MTC

Whattup, family? This computer does not let me change the keyboard to Albanian keyboard, which kinda makes me mad.

Anyway, I'll start with answering you're questions for the week.  Mom, laundry is just fine here.  Haven't screwed anything up just yet haha.  We'll see what happens when I get to Albanian though.

Dad, your turn.  1: Labor Day was just another day.  I don't think there are any holidays in the MTC.  The closest is probably Christmas, and my guess is there are just a bunch of devotionals that day, or something, but no days off in the MTC as far as I know.  2:  Lessons are always Albanian.  Haven't taught one in English.  My first two lessons were pretty much just reading straight out of Preach My Gospel, but no English lessons.  3: yes, 'ju' is the exact same thing as 'vous.'  It has the exact same function in Albanian as vous does in French.

Alright, onto normal business.  I can't believe I didn't think of Brother Holdaway. (New bishop) Well deserved!  When you see him, tell him I say congrats!  He's the man, he's gonna do work as Bishop.  So, Bro. Hutchinson and Howard are done already, eh?  Hmmm.  Anyway, so who does Jake get for his seminary teacher?

I'm glad Labor Day was fun for everyone.  Honestly, those picnics were always depressing to me, because I would just think about the next day.  It's weird not worrying about school in September, but it's cool too.

Andrea, way to go on the dance competition, 6th, 5th, and 4th ain't bad at all!

Eric, way to get off the Bench! (Soccer game) Did you help the team win in any way?  Oh yeah, and I saw that guy who was in the singles ward who dated Devynn this last week.  What was his name, Betancourt?  Well, I saw him.  Didn't have the chance to talk to him yet, but I'll try to if I can.

Jake, enjoy sophomore year.  It is the EASIEST year of high school you'll ever have.  So enjoy that.  Do you have a band director yet?

Tell Grandpa Bob happy birthday for me, send me a piece of that cake.  (I sent him a whole cake)

So, no more trees, eh?  That'll probably be weird when I get back if there are no trees.

Ok, sports.  Stinks about(Scott) Layden leaving (Utah Jazz).  Are they going to hire a new coach?  And is it true CJ Miles signed with Cleveland?  You can't leave me out on this stuff.  If it's true, good riddance.  Another headache off the team.  Is Raja Bell with anyone yet?  That's good that BYU won, but I could see them losing to Utah State, especially if we barely won last year. 

So, the Hungarians in my zone leave this week, so my district will be the senior district in our zone.  I've watched 6 English districts leave before ours, 4 of them coming in after us.  I want to get out.  We had a culture class last week, and because of time I can't get into detail now, so remind me to talk about it next week, but I am stoked to get out of here.  Less than 4 weeks!  Oh yeah, mom or dad, can you call the person in charge of my visa to make sure everything's in order?  I just want to make sure.  There's a paper in my file that has the number to call, her first name is Jaime, I can't remember her last name though.  We leave October 2nd, by the way, so get ready for a call then. 

Anyway, that's all I got this week.  Stay happy, and I'll see ya next week!

ju dua!

Elder Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment