*

*
"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

2014 February 24th email

Hey, how goes it?

So, this P-day was slightly better.  Only that I wasn't able to go to the treg (mall-ish place) to start souvenir shopping for y'all, but it was good.  We played soccer with Lushnjë and Fier missionaries, as well as one of our investigators.

This last week was tiring, but it was a good week!

Jake and Andrea, nice job in basketball this week.

1) So, the thing with holidays here, they are celebrated.  People here don't really celebrate stuff for the religious reason.

2) No maps, no GPS.  It's called memorization.  It's amazing.  I know my way around half a country now.  The signs here to places are really good.

3) Cardio's good.  I've been trimming down pretty good.  This one member in Elbasan told me I am now officially in the 'skinny' category.  Dad, I should have those running shoes I got two years ago for my birthday.  I never took them with me.

Alright, well, we were supposed to have two baptisms this week, but the kids ended up leaving with their aunt for Greece for a week and a half.  It was ironic, their dad told us just as he was signing the baptismal record.  So, probably not this weekend, but the next weekend.

But, on a high note, this girl in Elbasan that I knew, but wasn't my investigator, finally got permission to be baptized.  I got to go because I did an exchange with the Elder who baptized her, who is now in Durrës, and drove him to Elbasan since it's really difficult to get to Elbasan from Durrës right now. She's cool, and I was happy to be a part of it.

Also, we have these two really cool kids.  I told you about them last week.  Well, they've kept coming, and both have read from the Book of Mormon, and one came to church and really loved it! We're excited because they could both be very, very solid additions to the Branch here.  We plan on getting them on a baptismal date this week!

Anyway, another week in the life of a missionary here in Albania.  The best!

Have a great week!  Be safe!  Don't do anything stupid!

Ju dua shumë!

Elder Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment