*

*
"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."

Monday, April 28, 2014

2014 April 21st email

So, I'm not 1st Counselor after.  President Mema, the Stake President, spoke to President Ford about this, and President Ford told him I was leaving Lushnjë pretty quick, so Elder Bilodeau is the 1st Counselor.  Which I am so glad about!  Man, I hope I'm never bishop or stake president.  Ever.  (This may come back to haunt him....)
Anyway, Dad and Andrea, I hope you had a ton of fun touring Europe!

Yeah, I remember the trip to Delta,  (Utah) mostly that Eric and I went through a gynormous bag of Warheads.

Yes, I saw the email about Charottesville.  The thing is, when the office called, they told me you said Charlottesville, and I was like "forget that!  Richmond International!"  but, then I read your email now and now I understand.  Anyway, I just called the office and explained them the situation and they said they'll try to change it.  So, I don't know if you emailed them the specific airport, but maybe you could so they would know the exact one.  Either way, as long as the goal is to pick me up and take me to President Mullin's house so I can get released ASAP without waiting, I am down with that completely.

1) So, nothing really.  So, an Albanian Easter tradition is dying eggs red (only red) and then tapping them against each other saying "gëzuar Pashkët!"  which just means "happy Easter!"

2) Oh yeah. (Don't know)

3) Well, I've been pick-pocketed once, but in all honesty, not as bad as people would think.  (Mark was pick-pocketed in Rome last week....)

Alright, well, not being 1st counselor isn't the only surprise I have for you.  I have been released as Zone Leader, and President Ford has put me on a special assignment to help prepare men to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood when the next stake conference happens, which is June 7th.  In other words, I have been taking out of proselyting.  I will be traveling around the stake working with the various branches and wards with those ready to receive it.  And the best part is that I will be with Elder Tanner, who was my MTC companion!  I am actually really stoked!  It will be weird, but I am excited for this opportunity to work with President Ford and President Mema to help the stake continue to grow!  I will be staying in Tirana, in the house I stayed in when I was in 2nd branch, but I won't be hanging around there too much.  And the best part dad, is that Elder Tanner ran in college, so he will be willing to run with me in the morning.

Anyway, that's all I really got to say.  It will be weird, but I am excited for this experience!

Have a great week!  Be safe!  Don't do anything stupid!

Ju dua shumë!

Elder Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment