*

*
"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

2014 March 17th email

Whatup!

So, the stake organization was held at the Palace of Congress, in Tirana.  Yeah, pretty much all the members from not only Albania, but also members from Kosovo and Macedonia came.  I do not believe that anyone from the government was there.

Yeah, there are definitely other attractions, but nothing like Blue Eye.  (last week's p-day, see that post for picure)  That was definitely a must see.

Yeah, Elder Perry always seemed like an energetic one despite his age.  I've listened to a lot of his talks.  I've really started to like apostles other than just Holland.  (Elder Perry was the speaker at our regional conference)

1) I want to say it was a Stake Conference, but it very well could have been the last District Conference.  If it was only a district conference, let's just say I won't be here for the first stake conference......

2) I know they have Duty to God pamphlets, but are they used?  I don't think so, at least not in Lushnjë.  They also have Young Women's excellence, again not sure if they actually do it.  Yes, we read a piece from the Strength of Youth every Wednesday at mutual.

3)  They've asked us about it.  Frankly, all I know is that a war is about to start or something. (Ukraine)

4) No.  (Dunno)

5) I would love to do a bracket!  Just, send me a bracket to fill out, you didn't send me one....(March Madness)

Alright, well we had two super awesome baptisms yesterday.  Two men who are 20 and 21, got baptized on Saturday!  The best part:  We found them street contacting!  I hadn't had any success on my mission from finding through my own efforts!  So, that was cool, because I honestly didn't think I would have any baptisms from street contacting at this point in my mission.  They are awesome.  They got confirmed yesterday, and they are set to get the Priesthood next week.  So, we are excited because the Branch desperately needs Melchizedek Priesthood, and they could provide a good boost, so we're excited for them!

Alright, well, I hope everything goes well for you all this week!  Crud, in two weeks the group that reported to the MTC before me goes home, so in two weeks, I along with the missionaries that reported the same day as me, will be the oldest missionaries in the mission.......  Time flies way too fast.  Luckily, I'm not trunky in any way!

Have a great week!  be safe!  Don't do anything stupid!

Ju dua shumë!

Elder Palmer

"Byrek"-phyllo dough filled with cheese or meat-looks good!

No comments:

Post a Comment