*

*
"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."

Thursday, September 26, 2013

2013 Sep 23 email

Why is everyone getting married?! 

Well, glad y'all had a good week.  As I always say, basketball is better, so let's let the best sport decide.  (Utah beat BYU in football last Saturday)

Yeah, long sleeve sweater.  I would still say large, but I'm not sure.  I don't think I took my sweater vest with me on my mission, so yeah...

The Boydells leave in November, just before Thanksgiving.  There's a new couple apparently coming in November.
 
 Jake, I remember those days......Like in those commercials you've seen, it gets better.  (Junior year)

Andrea, ah, World History.

Eric, geez....(Don't know....)

1)  No. (Again, don't know)

2) Yeah, there's an Elder who's a Ute fan.  He hates how just about everyone plans on going to BYU here after the mission

3) Qysh ke kenë?  Qysh po kalon?  Don't even try with google translate....(Well this is what the translator came up with: Since you have? Since going through?)

And it came to pass that lessons were taught, and testimonies did grow.  However, as one woman continued to be spiritually awesome, it came to pass that her husband did take her and the children to the faraway land of Greece for at least one week.  So, contact was lost.  For now.

Yesterday at church I was told I was giving a talk without ever being told.  I don't think I ever gave a talk that unprepared before.  I don't know how, but it lasted 10 minutes, I think.  I talked about missionary work, and I described how Brigham Young was an investigator and that the smart missionary's testimony meant nothing to him, while the inexperienced missionary's testimony got him good.  I also talked about David O. McKay saying, 'every member a missionary,' as well as President Hinckley saying, 'people think missionary work is only tracting, but there's a better way.'  Then, I talked about Elder Holland's talk when he said, 'would Joseph Smith and Hyrum blaspheme before God in their final hour?'  If you can tell, about halfway through my thought was, 'how on earth will I finish this talk?'  Nevertheless, I did, and people said it was good, so I'm glad.  I also taught Priesthood again, chapter 17 in the Lorenzo Snow book. 

Have a good week!  Be safe!  Don't do anything stupid!

Elder Pallmëri

No comments:

Post a Comment