*

*
"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."

Sunday, September 22, 2013

2013 Sep 16 email

What's up?

Eric, you look like a red-neck with a beard.

Wow, Brock is done.....(Young man in our ward returning on 9/26)

That's cool, tell everyone that remembers I exist I say hi to them.  (Ward members asking about Scott)

Package?  Maybe skittles, but nothing else really.  I guess, like as far as Christmas, all I would ask is maybe a sweater, since now as missionaries we can wear sweaters instead of suits.  Members here say I have shed many kilos, so if I wear my suits that are too big for me now they'll think I gained it all back.  But, other than that, there's nothing I really need, I've been good.

The members say I speak better, but I am also more calm, I was pretty stiff when I was a greenie, and they now say I am much more calm, which is definitely true, and they have said I have changed a lot. Also, one member says I am too skinny now....

Alright, well, this last week when writing in my journal I have been writing in scripture language because I needed to amuse myself, so now I shall thus continue my writings in holy manner:

And it came to pass that much preaching was done in the land of Elbasan. After many hours laboring and preaching repentance to the Elbasan-ites, it came to pass that three hearts were touched:  one man and two women.  Therefore, the teaching of the Gospel began, and after the space of many moons, the man said to us: "I feel more full when we meet."  He is a good man, born of goodly parents who raised him with the idea of actually learning and being one of intelligence.  And thus, things were understood to him.

And now we return to the account when preaching and interacting with two women.  And it came to pass in the 20th hour of the 11th day of the 9th month in the 5 year of the reign of Obama, a women named halted and spoke to us.  And thus, on the morrow, we did meet, and she brought an acquaintance.  And thus the Book of Mormon was introduced to their lives, and throughout all the lesson, the question hit their minds: Why are their so many churches in the world?  And thus begins an account of the teachings of the Gospel with these two women.

And thus, while the working and tilling of the land of Elbasan goes forth, we received a call from the Elders, preaching down south in the land Lushnje.  Elder Knight, my father, sends word of a Lushnje-ite who wants to know the Gospel that has just moved northeast in the land of Elbasan.  And thus we marched our way forth to their domain, where we met a family: a wife, a husband, and 3 small children.  And yet, that is not all.  She comes with good tidings, saying:  "I have two friends here who want to learn as well."  And thus, our hearts were made full with the opportunities brought before us.  

And now, I make an end of my sayings for this time, being filled with the desire to save the souls of the ever-so-loving Elbasan-ites, the Lord has thus given us means by which we can declare His word, because of our faith.  And thus it is, amen.

I hope that doesn't sound blasphemous, or like I'm full of it.  It really was a good week, and I know it only happened because the Lord gave us the opportunity to find these people.

Anyway, have a good week!  Be safe!  Enjoy school!  Don't do anything stupid!

Boshtër Pallmëri

No comments:

Post a Comment