*

*
"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

2013 March 11th email

Hey, what's up?
Ok, so I forgot to bring my camera today, so I won't be able to send any pictures.  Also, I don't have much time, because the ZL's got a referral in a village near Fier, so we're going with them and we're gonna meet with them today, so I don't got too much time to talk.
Alright, so this week is the last week of transfers.  I have absolutely no idea what's gonna happen to me, it's all up in the air.  I could be staying or I could be out of here.  Heck, in 3 transfers I could already match as many areas as Eric had his entire mission.  (his brother served in Democratic Republic of Congo, and only served in three areas his entire mission.)
So, no, this scavenger hunt was organized by Elder Bair.  He's a dying missionary, (going home soon) so he wanted to do something fun.  We just ran around Fier for 2 hours.  There wasn't any particular theme, just to run around town.
Yes, I got the box, unless you sent me another one without my knowledge.  Thank you for the skittles, as always.
In Fier, there are about 5 or 6 young men.  
Yeah, Mother's Day is a big deal. (It was Mother's Day on Monday)  We threw a party
for the Mother's and women here, everyone came dressed up.  And the young 
men helped serve the food.  Plus we learned some Albanian dancing, and that
was a ton of fun.  There's like 3 or 4 young women here.
Ok, dad:
1)  See above.  They don't have Father's day here.  They had Teacher's Day on Thursday
and that was a big deal, but I don't know any other major holidays here, except the
Independence Anniversary in November.
2)  It was part of the scavenger hunt.  The dog was running fast, so I just took
a ton of pictures while running, hoping to get a good one.
Ok, I don't have too much time, but this Friday there will be a baptism!
Speaking of home, I did what Eric couldn't do until pretty much his last week
in the mission, and President announced the go-home dates for everyone.  I will
be coming home in June, 2014.  Unfortunately, I won't be filling the entire
count-down calendar, but President said I was originally set to go home in July,
but if that happened the new Mission President would come in on an immediate
transfer, and that's usually not something you want to happen, so he put us back two
weeks, so mark your calendar.  So, that leaves me with even less time.
Anyway, that's about it.  Have a great week!  Andrea, be happy, I can't believe I have to
tell people that.  Jake, don't crash.
Ju dua!
Elder Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment