*

*
"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."

Thursday, June 5, 2014

2014 May 19th email

What is up?!  Hope you all had a great week!

The special assignment is going great!  Right now we have 12 men who seem really solid and prepared to receive the MP.  So, hopefully they will stay strong these last couple weeks.  We are in Tirana every Monday for P-day.

Dang, Caleb is going to Portugal!  There's actually a kid from Albania serving there!  That will be awesome for him!  I was honestly hoping for Albania, so that eventually there will be someone I can speak Albanian to.

I probably was nervous for SOL's, I always got nervous for those things.

Jake, do your eagle.  It will help you so much in life later.

Eric, your Albanian attempt wasn't too bad this time.

Andrea, nice job on the dancing!

1) Yeah, in Tirana.  When I was in 3rd Branch I went to the 2 Chinese Restaurants there.  They were pretty good actually, and I never had any stomach problems.  All the foreign restaurants are mostly in Tirana.

2) Right now, the focus is getting mom one more thing, since I have 2 things for all of you except her.  I'm working on it.  I should have enough money to get the rest of what I want, and I don't plan on taking out anymore unless I absolutely have to.  It depends on whether or not I go to Kosovo after the special assignment.  (Aw, what a sweet boy)

3) I think that would probably be fine, we'll talk.

4) It's about 35 minutes.

5) No, that was just because I needed to send you the forms.

Man, I wish there was more interesting stuff to say about this assignment, but we've done basically the same thing last week that we've done every week on this job.  A ton of driving and crashing at other elder's houses.  It's good work though, definitely something other missions don't do.

But, I found out something cool!  A member here in Tirana named Toni is now in America!  In Virginia!  He was referred by the Gjoligu's to the church, and he might be living near them, so that would be cool if you got in contact with him and say that you're my family.  He remembers me, and I'm excited to see him in America, he has a 6 month visa and he's been there for less than 2 months.  So, someone to speak Albanian to when I get home!

Anyway, have a great week!  Be safe!  Don't do anything stupid!

Ju dua shumë!  

Elder Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment