*

*
"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

2014 Jan 13th email

NO I DO NOT NEED ANYTHING!!!!!!

Anyway, how's it going?

Yeah, so we spent the day hanging out with Fier, going to Apollonia and the beach.  It's not very cold here.  Man, I stink at soccer.

It's great to hear that Grandpa's doing better!

Yea, I'm so glad Eric and Kristen enjoyed Florida, maybe now he'll actually write me.

1)  Google translate does an abysmal job with Albanian.  Don't ever trust it.  Yes it's supposed to mean I love you lots.  Yeah, "ç'farë në botë!" is just a literal translation, Albanians never say it.

2)  Yes, we never walk, always drive.  We switch off every day.  Gas prices are ridiculous here, although I don't know how bad it's gotten in USA, so I can't really compare it.  We are limited to 2500 kilometers, but since we have to drive so much for interviews and exchanges, if it's for good reason, it's fine.  

3)  I haven't run since I got to Lushnje.  Don't judge.  But my comp agreed we will run at least once this week.  He wants to wait until March when it warms up in the morning.  Because of that, I try to do some sorta cardio in the morning (jumping jacks/jump rope) and I have to be more careful what I eat, since I never walk.  Getting fat again is not in my plans.

Anyway, we for the most part had a great week last week.  We have 5 baptismal dates, and 2 should be baptized next weekend. 

Anyway, I like being a zone leader.

Alright, well, I'll send some pictures in another email.

Have a great week!  Be safe!  Don't do anything stupid!

Ju dua!

Elder Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment