*

*
"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

2013 Dec 16th email

What is up?

Alright, I'm just gonna let you know now that next Monday, I will actually not have P-day that day.  P-day will be on Christmas!  So, we will still skype at 6 that day, President Ford has allowed us to have the full day as a P-day.  So, yes, skype at 6 my time, so 12 noon for you.  But, leave your computer open with skype on starting at 5, just to be safe, in case I come early or something.

Wow, 2 weeks ago you told me Do opened his mission call.  Now he's gone.

So yeah, this letter came late because we played soccer with President and his brother from 8-10, and then basketball from 10-12.  I'm tired.  And really awful at sports now.  But, at least I'm getting thinner. 

No, I never made french dessert.  I probably did what took the least effort to do....(His brother made a Buche de Noel for French class)

So yeah, Christmas like I said will be P-day, we'll probably try to get a meal appointment at a member's house, and then Elder Pierce and I will go to an amazing family he baptized in 4th branch (through tracting) and have fish or something, and that will be before we go and skype yall.

1)  Please do whatever is possible to get that one I suggested to work.  If not, yeah use the other one, it's too late to get another picture taken.  It's just the glasses will stop all the attractive friends of Kristen to become attracted to me......(Full sized picture of Scott for Eric and Kristen's wedding)

2)  I will be at an INTERNET LOCALE!

3)  No, there's a lot of trees, just the place where we took pictures didn't have any trees in that area.  Yes, Christians here do use the Christmas tree, fortunately.  (See Christmas card.)

Ok, so this last week we had 23 lessons in total.  That's the most lessons I've ever taught in a week.  Eric, if you taught 40 lessons on average, shut up, it's different here.  Anyway, we were blessed by the Lord with many opportunities.  In fact, we were street contacting and a woman comes up to me and said she saw me in a vision of us two talking together in that exact spot.  Unfortunately, she told me she was gonna get her granddaughter baptized in the Catholic Church on Saturday.  I was hoping to meet with here before that to explain to her what it means to have the authority to baptize, but she can't meet until tomorrow.  I was planning on giving her Moroni 8 to read, but I feel it's too harsh, so we'll probably just teach her like another investigator..

Street Contacting

Ok, as far as souvenirs, we didn't come across anything that looked like an Albanian made nativity scene.  But, we will keep looking.  So, yeah, sorry if I don't send anything home for Christmas, I figured getting my souvenirs for y'all altogether would save me a lot of money on shipping, and yeah, I'll definitely get y'all good stuff.  I'm gonna make one more withdraw from my account of no more than $300, and then hopefully that can cover everything I wanna buy for you and the fact that I still need to get an Albanian flag.  Hopefully that will be that last withdraw I'll make as a missionary.  By the way, I'm already scared of being a poor man when I get home.

Anyway, I'm excited for Christmas!  I'll see y'all next week.  Tell Kristen I got my interview almost done.  Sorry, it's a little difficult to read, I didn't write it thick enough.

Have a great week!  Be safe!  Don't do anything stupid!

Ju dua shumë!

Elder Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment