*

*
"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

2014 June 16th email

Crud, this is my last full week as a missionary.....

The work is still slow, we're still told to keep a low profile as the country adjusts to election results, so it's been pretty boring, so no street contacting or tracting, while we have 1 investigator and no members.  It gets pretty boring.

I don't know what kind of authority muslims claim, but for women, no it's not a concern.

1) Well, because of my weight loss, most of my clothing doesn't really fit me anymore, so I'm not taking home much clothing.  Most of my clothing I am leaving behind.

2) Yeah, I don't want to go to the temple right as I get off the airplane.  I was actually hoping if I could go Friday or something, or Saturday maybe after helping Eric?  Like I don't wanna wait a long time to go to the temple, I'm gonna need a spiritual rejuvenation asap when I get home.

3)  I probably am medium. 

4)  Yeah, we've woken up at night a few times to people cheering.  No, neither is in the World Cup.

5)  I can't do that out here, I can check when I get home.
6)  Volunteer?  As in unpaid?

7)  Yeah, I'll do one more backup next week.

8)  I haven't written it down yet, I'll do that next Monday.
So, Kristen stole my job, eh?  I might keep her soccer jersey now because of that.  Just kidding. 

So, yeah, unfortunately nothing really super interesting happened this week.

But, this week we have mission conference, which will be fun.  All of us 'dying' missionaries will be able to give our final testimonies.  So will the Fords.  They go home a week after me.  Man, let me just say again that I am SO happy I only had one mission president my mission, adjusting to a new one (especially at the end) I feel like would just be really tough.

Anyway, today for P-day we went to Prishtina, the capital of Kosovo, and we played basketball. There was also a statue of Bill Clinton there.  So, that's why I'm writing now.

Well, I wish I had more to say at this point.  I can't believe I only have one more email after this.  Nuk më besohet fare.

Have a great week!  Be safe!  Don't do anything stupid!

Ju du shumë!

Elder Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment