*

*
"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."

Monday, October 15, 2012

2012 October 15th email

What is up, family?  Before I start, let me give a shoutout to Dave, who is getting married.  Congratulations Dave.

So, yeah, (Elder) Knight's tag is just a little bit different, and that's because it has been Albanized.  I soon will also have an Albanized name tag as well, and if I serve in Macedonia or Montenegro, I'll probably get name tags in Macedonian or Serbian as well, which would be pretty cool.  So I think it's called a syflaqe, otherwise I don't really know how to spell it, but it's meat with lettuce and fries all wrapped in like pita bread or something, it's pretty good, so maybe google syflaqe and add 'albania' and maybe you'll find it.
Syflaqe

 I don't know if the Boydells have a blog, I'll ask them if they have one tomorrow during district meeting.  Yeah, I can tell you now that World of Coke doesn't have Fanta exotic, because Fanta Exotic is illegal in the United States because it's too good.  (Favorite soda)

So, does that mean Jake plans on going on a mission at age 18?  Congrats to Courtney (Carter) for getting her mission call, (to Tahiti).  Yeah, I think I remember Gabbi and Tess telling me something about doing something international, so that's pretty cool, I think a few other friends from BYU told me they're trying to do something like that too, so that's pretty cool.  So, did Brother McKeon move back to Virginia?  I remember when I was a midget when he was my Young Men's President for like 6 months, and that was 8 years ago, that's kinda weird.  I don't think I ever really affiliated with the Whitley's when I was in Young Men's, but the name is familiar.  (Former ward members who visited Innsbrook ward on Sunday)

(Mom's questions)  Yeah, so about the Mercedez, they sure look like shiny new cars.  Yeah, a lot of people smoke here.  Yeah, the ceiling is low, and the zone leaders in my district that picked that house are basically midgets, so they saw no problem.  Yeah, we have no issue with water temperature, I usually have hot water, but the water pressure is very inconsistent, but what can you do?  We usually have around 50 members in sacrament meeting.  Most of the members are the only members in their family, but there is one family that I think has 6 kids, the most I have seen so far. 

Yeah, I think the language is coming along, hopefully.  The members are pretty nice about it, but it can be frustrating when you're the only missionary that can't understand.  The thing is, when teaching, I understand what (Elder) Knight is saying, but the natives, I just slap myself in the head.  But I think I understand people a lot better, and I think I know all the grammar principles I need to know, I just need to master using them.  And them comes the slang that people say usually that I have had to learn, and that's getting better as well, so avash avash.

So, dad, if you were able to explain the Pearl of Great Price in one or two sentences, could you do that for me?

Alright, dad's questions:

1:  The MTC does kinda seem forever away, I can't believe I'm approaching 2 weeks in the field already, it's kinda weird.  Yeah I was going to have you send these emails to my MTC teachers, but I can do that myself.

2:  Yeah, each companionship has a cell phone, and I won't get the privilege of using it until about a month when I understand Albanian a lot better, so (Elder) Knight uses it most of the time.  For internet access we go to an internet cafe.

3:  Transportation?  We walk.  Yeah.

4:  Breakfast, I had corn flakes.  Lunch, well yesterday we ate at the Boydells, as we do every Sunday, and honestly we don't really have dinner, we just stay working until 9, return, and eat what we got in the fridge.

So the Jazz are doing alright in pre-season, eh?  What's the starting five?  Please tell me Favors is starting, otherwise Corbin is ruining the future of our team.  But whatever.  I guess with the old refs back the Cards are playing like they usually are, at least the Skins won.  And the Nats got upset, eh?  Figures.  I guess this is what I get for now being a fan of the Lakers, Yankees, or Patriots....

So Eric, you play both JV and Varsity?  Not bad for someone who didn't play a lick of high school soccer.  Do you think that if I try out post-mish I can make the team?  I'm just kidding, don't get mad.  By the way, another Elder in my district, Elder Kay, his brother also served in DRC Kinsasha,(same mission as Eric) but he came home just before you left, April 2009, so you never knew him.  Still, though, it's weird.

Jake, you're more interesting than you think.  When do you turn 16 again?  Look out.

Andrea, I'm glad you love everything that you do in life.  Keep that happy attitude going and love cotillion.  (Sarcasm)

And today, for P-day, our district actually went to Macedonia today, which was pretty fun.  Macedonia is definitely not like Albania, the people of Macedonia actually check your passport before we went into Macedonia.  It was fun though, I bought a Macedonian flag.  I made it a goal to get all 4 flags of my mission before I go home, so yeah, it was a ton of fun.  That's why you got this email a lot later today than last week, because I just got back from it.

Ok, so I think that's about it for this week.  I want to send pictures, but I think I need to use a flashdrive on these computers, so I might have to mail you an SD card, so I'll get to that soon.  Ok,  love you all, stay awesome, and I can't wait to hear from you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment