*

*
"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

2013 Dec 2nd email


 Scott's MTC group
1.5 years into mission!



The fact that my first semester of BYU ended almost two years ago makes me want to punch a wall.  Don't worry, I'm not trunky, although the group that goes home at the end of the month is pretty trunky.  The worst part is that the sister going home in that group is the sister that reported with my group.........
Anyway, hope that Thanksgiving was fun.  It was a ton of fun here in mission conference.  We had mission conference from 10-12, and then lunch from 1-2, and then a talent show from 2-4, and then a testimony meeting from 4-5 for those going home soon.  The talent show was fun, our district did a rendition of "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" that had to do with mission and Albanian stuff, so it was fun.  I got a lot of them on video, so you'll be able to see them.

Um, funny story, so dad actually told me about Bishop Holdaway about 3 weeks ago, so I already knew about it.  I'm kinda bummed out actually, I would have liked him as my bishop.

Yes, I have started the calendar, it just lists of events that happen before Christ is born.

Jake, I wish I had a suit that fit me.

Andrea, you are so lucky.

Eric, 1 month and counting. (holy crap......) (until his wedding!)

Dad:

1)  No football.  But, talent show.  It was a ton of fun.  We got some funny guys here, let's just say that.

2) Yes, I'll talk about that in a sec.

3)  Yeah, I'm down.  I probably won't be able to run 3 miles a day, but at that point I could probably run every morning for like 25 minutes.

JABARI PARKER!!!!!!!

Anyway, yes, the baptism happened and it was awesome!  Her sister spoke on baptism, but pretty much gave her whole conversion story.  The sister who spoke, had a really bad day one day, and her store she works at is by the store of a recent convert, and Elder Pierce and Elder Ferguson walked by and were talking to the recent convert, and he told them he had someone for them to teach.  And she was golden from the start, and she was baptized the Saturday before I was transferred here.  And she is awesome.  Probably the best talk I ever heard on baptism.  And her mom and some friends came to the baptism and really seemed to enjoy it, and we're hoping this week to be able to start teaching them all.  Also, the 4th Branch missionaries gave us a referral who ended up coming to the baptism, and we had a short lesson with him, and he is really solid.  Bear in mind that all 5 of my baptisms are girls, so teaching a guy that really seems solid is something I'm excited about.  We have a lesson with him tonight, and I'm just stoked to teach him.

We also got another referral from 4th Branch named who's actually a rapper!  He apparently has a rough past but has cleaned his life up a bit, and was astonished to have never seen the Book of Mormon before, so teaching him will be a lot of fun too.

So, yeah, things here are going good.

Ok well, have a great week!  Be safe!  Don't do anything stupid!  Enjoy putting up the Christmas tree without me!

Ju dua!

Elder Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment